Dental Implants in Denver, Westminster and Arvada
If you are missing a tooth you are not alone.
We believe that everyone deserves a second chance to have a healthy smile.
Dental Implants are a viable option for many patients.
What are Dental Implants? Dental Implants are permanent replacements for missing teeth. Dental Implants are most often made of titanium and consist of an anchor or root (the implant) and an abutment and crown.
The dental implant (anchor or root) is surgically placed into your jawbone under your gums and actually encourages your bone to attach to it. This secures the implant into your jaw (osseointegration). This may take a couple of months.
The prosthetic (abutment and crown) is attached to the integrated dental implant to complete your new smile.
Dental implants can be used to support single teeth, bridges, and dentures.
What are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
- Dental implants look, functon, and feel like healthy, natural teeth.
- Dental implants do not require the alteration of adjacent natural, healthy teeth --unlike crowns and bridges.
- Dental implants prevent bone loss and the movement of natural, healthy teeth.
- Studies have shown that first impressions, self confidence, and a person's character can all be correlated to their smile.
- Dental insurance coverage is expanding when it comes to dental implant treatment options and they have become a realistic treatment option today.
- Dental implants have been used as a successful treatment option for over 30 years and technology just keeps getting better.
All information on this page is referenced from them.
What should I expect at my dental implant appointments?
- If your permanent tooth has not already been removed, the first appointment will consist of extracting the diseased tooth. Depending on the health and size of the tooth and root, a graft procedure and short healing period may be needed before the implant is placed.
- Your new dental implant (titanium tooth root) is precisely placed into the implant site. Based on your dental treatment plan, your dental implant may be completely covered by your gums (submerged) during a healing period (Two-stage procedure), or, the implant restoration steps may begin immediately (One-stage procedure).
- When your new dental implant is fully healed (osseointegrated), an abutment (metal post that connects the crown to the dental implant) and crown will be created. This step includes soft-tissue contouring (for aesthetics), impressions (to replicate positioning of the implant), and custom fabrication of your new abutment and crown (prosthetics).
- After the final prosthetics are fabricated (by a dental laboratory) your dentist will place the final abutment and final crown into your mouth.
Caring for dental implants is as easy and important as caring for natural, healthy teeth. Simply follow the oral hygiene basics which include brushing, flossing, and regular dental check-ups. Our fabulous staff at Morehead Peak Dental will show you how to maintain your new smile.
How do I know if I am a good candidate for Dental Implants?
Schedule a consultation appointment where we will perform a thorough exam. After dental x-rays are taken, Dr. Jonathan Morehead will determine if ANKYLOS® Dental Implants are right for you!
Get Your Smile Back....
Call us for an appointment today!
Saturday appointments available.